Discover the vibrant world of Spanish slang for haircuts! From ‘corte de pelo’ to quirky local terms, explore the colorful language used to talk about hair styling in Spanish-speaking cultures. Unveil the expressions that shape hair-related conversations with our insightful guide to Spanish haircut slang.
1. Corte de Pelo:
- Meaning: Literal translation for “haircut.”
- I’m going to the salon for a corte de pelo.
- She got a fresh corte de pelo for a new look.
- The barber specializes in giving stylish corte de pelo.
- His corte de pelo suits his face shape perfectly.
- A corte de pelo can make a significant difference in appearance.
- Meaning: Refers to a significant haircut or trim, often using scissors (“tijeras”).
- I needed a tijeretazo to get rid of split ends.
- He decided to get a tijeretazo to change his style.
- The tijeretazo transformed her hair into a sleek look.
- The barber gave him a precise tijeretazo to freshen up his hair.
- After a long time without a haircut, she got a much-needed tijeretazo.
- Meaning: Describes a clean-shaven or closely shaved haircut.
- He prefers a rasurado haircut for a neat and minimalist look.
- The rasurado hairstyle suits his facial features well.
- The barber specializes in giving precise rasurado styles.
- His rasurado haircut emphasizes his strong jawline.
- Maintaining a rasurado requires regular grooming to keep it clean.
4. Corte a Tijera:
- Meaning: Indicates a scissor-cut haircut.
- She opted for a corte a tijera to maintain her length and add layers.
- The corte a tijera hairstyle gives a natural and textured look.
- The barber specializes in creating soft and flowing corte a tijera.
- Her corte a tijera haircut highlights her voluminous hair.
- Maintaining a corte a tijera requires occasional trimming for shape.
- Meaning: Slang for a very short haircut, similar to a military style.
- He’s got a classic militar haircut that’s easy to manage.
- The militar style is clean and straightforward, perfect for summer.
- The barber specializes in giving precise and sharp militar cuts.
- His militar haircut complements his no-nonsense attitude.
- Maintaining a militar style requires regular touch-ups to keep it sharp.
- Meaning: Refers to a buzz cut or very short haircut.
- He decided to go for a pelada haircut for a minimalist look.
- The pelada style is low-maintenance and practical.
- The barber specializes in giving clean and even peladas.
- His pelada haircut showcases his strong facial features.
- Maintaining a pelada is effortless and requires minimal styling.
- Meaning: Describes a layered or textured haircut.
- She chose a degrafilado cut to add movement and volume to her hair.
- The degrafilado style gives a playful and modern appearance.
- The barber specializes in creating natural-looking degrafilado styles.
- Her degrafilado haircut complements her relaxed fashion sense.
- Maintaining a degrafilado requires regular trims to keep the layers defined.
- Meaning: Literal translation for “shaved,” often used for closely cropped hair.
- He opted for an afeitado style to keep his hair minimal.
- The afeitado look gives a sleek and polished appearance.
- The barber specializes in giving clean and smooth afeitado styles.
- His afeitado haircut highlights his well-defined features.
- Maintaining an afeitado requires regular shaving for a sharp look.
9. Tapa de Olla:
- Meaning: Literally “pot lid,” slang for a bowl-cut hairstyle.
- He’s rocking a playful tapa de olla haircut for a retro look.
- The tapa de olla style adds a touch of nostalgia to his appearance.
- The barber specializes in giving quirky and unique tapa de olla cuts.
- His tapa de olla haircut stands out with its distinct shape.
- Maintaining a tapa de olla requires regular trims to keep the bowl shape.
- Meaning: Refers to a mohawk haircut.
- He’s got an edgy mohicano haircut that reflects his style.
- The mohicano look adds a rebellious and bold touch to his image.
- The barber specializes in giving precise and standout mohicano styles.
- His mohicano haircut is a statement of his individuality.
- Maintaining a mohicano requires styling products to keep the spikes up.
- Meaning: Describes bangs or fringe.
- She got a new chasquilla to update her hairstyle.
- The chasquilla adds a youthful and playful element to her look.
- The barber specializes in giving stylish and face-framing chasquillas.
- Her chasquilla highlights her eyes and facial features.
- Maintaining a chasquilla requires regular trimming to keep it at the desired length.
- Meaning: Refers to sideburns.
- He’s growing out his patillas for a classic and masculine look.
- The patillas add a touch of sophistication to his appearance.
- The barber specializes in shaping and grooming well-defined patillas.
- His patillas complement his facial features and beard.
- Maintaining patillas requires regular trimming to keep them neat.
13. Nuca Rapada:
- Meaning: Literally “shaved nape,” describing a buzzed nape area.
- He’s rocking the nuca rapada style for a cool and edgy appearance.
- The nuca rapada adds a unique touch to his haircut.
- The barber specializes in giving clean and stylish nuca rapada looks.
- His nuca rapada hairstyle stands out with its sharp contrast.
- Maintaining a nuca rapada requires regular touch-ups to keep it sharp.
- Meaning: Slang for a ponytail or tail-like hairstyle.
- She’s got a casual coleta hairstyle for a laid-back look.
- The coleta adds a practical and stylish element to her image.
- The barber specializes in giving relaxed and effortless coletas.
- Her coleta hairstyle is perfect for keeping hair out of her face.
- Maintaining a coleta requires tying up the hair with a hairband.
15. Raya al Lado:
- Meaning: Refers to a side-parted hairstyle.
- She’s sporting a sleek raya al lado for an elegant appearance.
- The raya al lado adds a polished touch to her image.
- The barber specializes in creating precise and well-defined raya al lado looks.
- Her raya al lado hairstyle complements her professional attire.
- Maintaining a raya al lado requires proper combing to keep it in place.
16. Corte de Navaja:
- Meaning: Literally “razor cut,” indicating a haircut achieved with a razor.
- He opted for a corte de navaja to achieve a textured and modern look.
- The corte de navaja adds movement and dimension to his hair.
- The barber specializes in giving natural-looking corte de navaja styles.
- His corte de navaja haircut complements his edgy fashion sense.
- Maintaining a corte de navaja requires regular touch-ups to keep it sharp.
- Meaning: Generic term for a hairstyle.
- She’s trying out a new peinado for a fresh and different look.
- The peinado can make a significant impact on one’s appearance.
- The barber specializes in creating unique and personalized peinados.
- His peinado reflects his individual style and personality.
- A well-executed peinado can boost confidence and self-esteem.
- Meaning: Slang for a wig, often used humorously for a bad haircut.
- After a disastrous haircut, he joked that he needed a peluca.
- The peluca comment lightened the mood after the haircut mishap.
- The barber reassured him that he didn’t need a peluca to fix it.
- Her friends playfully suggested she wear a peluca until her hair grows out.
- The peluca reference turned the haircut mishap into a funny story.
I hope you find the article “Spanish slang for Haircut” helpful.